Age Requirement In Employment Application Is Illegal; Violator Can Go To JailAtty Elvin
Discrimination of applicant or employee in employment by reason of age is prohibited by R.A. 10911.
It shall be unlawful for an employer to:
- Print or publish, or cause to be printed or published, in any form of media, including the internet, any notice of advertisement relating to employment suggesting preferences, limitations, specifications, and discrimination based on age;
- Require the declaration of age or birth date during the application process;
- Deny any employment application because of the individual’s age;
- Discriminate against an individual in terms of compensation, terms and conditions or privileges of employment on account of such individual’s age;
- Deny any employee’s or worker’s promotion or opportunity for training because of age;
- Forcibly lay off an employee or worker because of old age; or
- Impose early retirement on the basis of such employee’s or worker’s age.